“I love having the opportunity to work with athletes to find a successful work, life and training balance. When an athlete reaches a goal that they didn’t previously think possible, I find it absolutely exhilarating. The trust and teamwork that comes from coaching is 10x more satisfying than I ever imagined” – Chany
- 7x Canadian National Team Member (5x Track & Field, 2x Mountain Running)
- NCAA Div. 1 All-American 3000m Steeplechase 2011
- 2013 Bronze medalist 3000m Steeplechase at World Universities in Kazan, Russia
- 2015 & 2016 Red Bull 400m Medalist
- 2019 Seek the Peak Champion
- 3,000m Steeplechase: 9:45Heusden, Belgium, 2014
- 3,000m: 9:17Geneva, Ohio, 2014
- 1500m: 4:22London, Ontario, 2014
- 10,000m 36:53Vancouver Sun Run, 2019
- Half Marathon 1:23:17Vancouver First Half, 2018
Understanding the “why” behind your goals and training and continuously reflecting back to that.
Favourite race distance and why?
3000m steeplechase – because the hurdles split up the laps and distance and give many different focuses throughout the race.
Most memorable coaching moment?
Whenever my athletes smash a PB or a personal challenge. Especially when they have had to work through hardship, busy lives, and self doubts to get there. I also really love converting the “I hate running and will never be a runner” athletes to “I surprisingly look forward to my runs now” athletes.
Favourite post-workout treat or go-to place?
Linh Café for Pho