“When it all falls into place, I feel like I’m flying. After a hard workout, when I’m gasping for that next, life-saving breath, it puts a smile on my face. I feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that I’ve tested my own limits. But most importantly, I love inspiring people and showing what can be accomplished on just two feet..” – Kim
- 2014 Winner and current Course Record holder at BMO Vancouver Marathon
- 2014 Winner and current Course Record Holder at Fool’s Half
- 7th at the 50k World Championships
- 9th FOA / 3rd Canadian at Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2015
- 3rd Woman at the Vancouver Sun Run 2014
- 50km - 3:36:26,
- Marathon - 2:36:02Toronto, CA, 2014
- Half-Marathon - 1:14:53Fool's Half, 2014
- 10,000m - 33:54Vancouver Sun Run, 2014
- 5,000m - 16:49Bazan Bay 5km, 2014
Communication is key. A runner’s journey stretches far beyond the physical act of running. What other elements are at play? What drives an athlete to grind it out every single day? What’s going on outside of their physical training? How does their work, relationships, physical and mental health weave together? Developing and cultivating an open and positive space for communication is essential to foster a trusting coach-athlete relationship.
Favourite race distance and why?
The marathon. What’s not to love about an event that scares the sh*t out of you, not only in a race, but in training too? It’s a grind that, in the words of Peter Bromka, doesn’t owe you anything. There’s beauty in that.
Favourite post-workout treat or go-to place?
The Red Accordion in Vancouver. Best burger (and all other food) I’ve ever eaten; and I’ve eaten a lot.
Favourite running podcast, website, books, videos, or blog?
Podcast: Work, Play, Love with Lauren Fleshman and Jesse Thomas
Book: Once A Runner by John L. Parker, Jr. (for running) and all of the Harry Potter books. Who doesn’t love a little magic?
Video: Flip the Script shown to me by a teammate, and best friend, in my freshman year running varsity track at SFU. Gives me the goosebumps every time.