Rob is a lifelong runner having run his first road race at age 6. Over his 30 year career rob has competed in almost every distance and has won Canadian Championships in multiple events. Rob has been coaching with Mile2Marathon since 2016 and is just loving life as he continues to be stuck in the game as both a coach and athlete.
- 4x National Champion
- 11th Place Boston Marathon, 2013
- 20th Place Marathon World Championships, 2013
- 1st Place BMO Vancouver Marathon, 2017
- 1st Place London Ontario High School Sr. Boys 3000m, 2002
- Marathon - 2:13:29Toronto Waterfront, 2013
- Half Marathon - 63:22NYC, 2013
- 10,000m - 29:24Virginia Challenge, 2015
- 5,000m - 13:40Mt Sac. , 2009
- Beer Mile - 6:01Vancouver, 2018
Be patient, remain humble and do the damn work.
Favourite race distance and why?
The Marathon. It is the hardest event to race and train for, and I like the challenge of it all.
Most memorable coaching moment?
Rolling with the squad during our 1st Chase The Pace event. That was pretty rad.
Favourite post-workout treat or go-to place?
Pizza or Sushi with a beer.
Favourite running podcast, website, books, videos, or blog?
I like reading and watching videos about the legends of the sport, folks like Rob De Castella, Steve Jones, Joan Benoit Samuelson and other bad asses like that.